Resume of Energy Standard Cup 2017
Annual International swimming meeting «Energy Standard Cup 2017» was held 6th and 7th of May in Lignano-Sabbiadoro (Italy).
Among the event’s featured guests of honor were:
- - Paolo Barelli - President of the Italian Swimming Federation and European Aquatics Honorary Secretary of FINA;
- - Dmytro Kachurovskyi - President of Ukrainian Swimming Federation;
- - Emilis Vaitkaitis - President of Lithuanian swimming federation;
- - Craig Lord - correspondent at SWIMVORTEX.com, Swimming Correspondent at The Times, Swimming World Magazine’s European correspondent from Great Britain
- - Milorad Cavic - Olympic Silver medalist in Beijing 2008, World Champion in Rome 2009, 7x European Champion, 2x World record holder;
- - Korotyshkin Evgeny - President of Moscow swimming federation, the Head of anti doping committee of Russian swimming federation, Olympic Silver medalist in London 2012, 3x World Champion, 7x European Champion, 2x World record holder
Age categories of participants:
- Youth Boys 2001 - 2002 and younger
- Youth Girls 2002 - 2003 and younger
- Junior Boys 1999 - 2000
- Junior Girls 2000 - 2001
In total, 160 athletes from four teams came to compete for the cup: Club Energy Standard and teams from Spain, Italy and Germany. The meeting was organized and conducted by the Club of Sport Swimming "Energy Standard" and the Federation of Swimming of Italy (FIN).
The competitions were officially included in the calendar of the LEN - European League of Water Sports and were qualifying competitions for the World Aquatics Championships in Budapest and the III Youth Olympic Games, which will be held in Buenos Aires in 2018.
The Titles and Winners
The winners of the fantastic spring junior event again became the team «Energy Standard»! Team scored 1921 points, the second place was the team from Italy (1812 points) and third place - the team from Spain (1237 points).
- “Best FINA Points Result, Women”: QUAGLIERI Tania (ITA) - 854
- “Best FINA Points Result, Men”: MARTINENGHI Nicolo' (ITA) - 903
- “Best Total Points in Youth Category, Men”: CECCON Thomas (ITA) - 80
- “Best Total Points in Youth Category, Women”: VASKINA Daria (ES) - 80
- “Best Total Points in Junior Category, Men”: KOLESNIKOV Kliment (ES) - 80
- “Best Total Points in Junior Category, Women”: KRIVONOGOVA Irina (ES) - 75
We sincerely congratulate all the coaches and the athletes with amazing results, and wish success at the World and European events this year!